Friday, 29 November 2013

Liebster Nomination!!

They say the world is a bad place. I don't think that's true, you know. Sometimes people come in from no where and make the day light up for you. In my case, it was Jayanth who nominated me for a Liebster award. Thank you so much dude. I am constantly frustrated at the internet for not being able to convey emotions, and this is one of those times. :P I am truly honored! 
So this is basically what a Liebster is -
"A Liebster Award is given to new and upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is a token of love, an expression of motivation. The word Liebster is a  German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, valued, cute and welcomed. It is much sweeter than it sounds. Liebster award ties up together the blogging community and brings a feeling of oneness and unity."

So my answers to Jayanth's questions : 
1. What is your opinion about yourself? Compare it with your favorite fictional character(cartoon) ?
 I am in general extremely rude and love being bossy ( I've been a prefect for a long time, so it       kinda got inculcated in me :P ), but I'm actually a very sensitive person. I'm a big fat cry-baby. My favorite cartoon character is Helga from Hey Arnold!, and I have got to say I'm a lot like her. She's rude, and bosses Arnold around too! But she's a talented writer (like me! *blushes*) and is interested in pursuing it as a career.

2. What do you earn by blogging?

Ummm... satisfaction, I guess. I'm constantly writing random, mundane things and my blog has kind of become my close friend now. It is an outlet for me to express myself.

3. What is your favorite music genre and why?

Okay, this'll be a long one.
I don't really listen to music by genre, but if you held a gun to my head I'd say Rock. I love Led Zep, Coldplay, Pink Floyd, and AC/DC, and The Beatles too. I really like Adele too, but full disclosure : I have no clue what her genre is :P .

4. School or college? 

I am a fifteen year old kid - ergo I've never been to college. But from what I've heard, you can bunk all the lectures you want to, wear what you want to, come in when you want to, and go out when you want to. School seems like a jail compared to all that. So I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm all for college!

5. Do you think someone good must come into politics? If so why? Aren't you good? 

India is a beautiful, beautiful country and it needs demands an active, honest leader who'll eradicate corruption. I see Arvind Kejriwal as one such person. Right now, the political scene of our country is mainly filled with lazy, corrupt men and women who seek their own benefits before the country's.

6. A confession. 100% truth and unknown. 

Urghh... I hate these. Why're you making me go through this? My friends read this blog!!
 So I was a kid, I had just learnt to crawl and was constantly looking for more things to taste. My mother had put all the interesting things (slippers, newspapers, toys, soaps etc.) out of my reach. So there I was, crawling around, when I saw this grasshopper. Something about its scaly wings and decidedly ugly shade of green must have attracted me because I just grabbed and popped it into my mouth. 
That was my introduction to non-vegetarian food, which over the years has graduated from fondness, to passion to fanaticism.  A grasshopper was the first thing I put into my mouth after cerelac. Yeah, I was into balanced diet since nappy days.
Kangaroo is next in the list.. medium rare

7. Your opinion on Indian culture. 

Its about the most diverse and beautiful things in the world. What I really love about our culture is the fact that you take one flight and two hours later emerge in a totally new climate. And every secnd person you meet in India, probably has been brought up in a different place. Someone may have eaten rotis and someone might have had fried fish. Someone's village might be covered with ice and someone else's would be near the sea. However they're part of the same country - they share a collective identity. That  is what I like most about our culture.

8. Worse thing about you.

I have this really annoying habit of reading the last parts of the book when I've reached just the middle. It has ruined a lot of amazing books for me unfortunately :(

9. Three unfulfilled dreams. 

1.Eating junk food that doesn't make me fat(ter).
2.Studying in Hogwarts
3.Winning Liebster Award :P

10.Your favorite subject. 

Math and English. And History.

11. Are you happy with what you are studying?

I'm in tenth grade. I don't really get to choose what I'm studying. But yeah, I'm happy with what they're teaching us in class right now, if that is what ya mean. :P


Right. Now the hard part. I need to nominate a few(11) bloggers too. And my list is : 

http://atirandom.blogspot.in/
http://brightonwoman.blogspot.in/
http://thenightowlcommunity.blogspot.in/
http://petrichorandclouds.blogspot.in/
http://www.mainstgazette.com/
http://ravenclawsam.wordpress.com/
http://podcastx.blogspot.in/
http://modernparchment.blogspot.in/
http://literarymerit.wordpress.com/
http://theworldasidiscoverit.wordpress.com/
http://love2sail.blogspot.in/

A few instructions guys : 

  • Answer the questions in a blog post.
  • Tag 11 more bloggers, and tell them that you did (No tagging back)
  • Give these 11 bloggers 11 questions for them to answer.


So my questions to you are :
1. Which Harry Potter character to you relate to most and why?
2. Favorite food?
3. What is the craziest dream that you had?
4. What was the first book that you read?
5. Best moment of your life.
6. Where would you like to travel on your holiday?
7. If you had to choose a time frame other than the one you currently live in, when would it be?
8. A book that you recently read.
9. Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
10. Describe a childhood memory.
11. Which is your favorite charity?
An award given to bloggers to show appreciation and love for their work.


12 comments:

  1. Hey thanks a lot for nominating me!! :D :D
    This is such a great honour!!

    I can't thank you enough.. :P

    But now you've left me with this daunting task of answering all your questions, creating new questions AND choosing 11 people as nominees!

    *mutters to self* I can do this! I can SO do this! No procrastination- no being tempted by the fabulous list of 11 bloggers I see up there!

    *takes a deep breath*

    So
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Is there a deadline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there isn't a deadline yet. If I feel the need to make one, I'll inform everyone :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, so much! I will get back to you shortly with my answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, just post the answers in your own blog :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me for this award! I can't express how much this means to me! I am looking forward to exploring more of your blog and to answering your questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so whats the origin of this award. also thank you for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the nomination! I'll go through the questions and try to find 11 bloggers whom I can relate to :P It might introduce me to some new people, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha.. hey they are awesome answers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee... THANKS A TON!! :)
      Glad that you took the time out to read them :)

      Delete