Monday, 8 July 2013

HARRY POTTER v/s TWILIGHT

WHY IT IS OKAY TO BE A HARRY POTTER FAN, BUT NOT A TWILIGHT FAN
Many of my Twilight adoring, Stephenie Meyer loving friends often make the mistake of asking me this question and as always they are left bombarded by the torrent of arguments escaping my lips. Ok dont get me wrong here I dont hate Twilight- Okay who am I kidding, I do - but hear me out. I've made a complete analysis of all the reasons Harry Potter is legendary and Twilight is - well, not. Okay so here goes : 
Moral Values learnt from Twilight: ... ( PLEASE tell me if you find any)
Moral values learnt from Harry Potter : (Now, where do I start)

  • Forgive you ememies ( what happens to Draco)
  • Be brave 
  • Be loyal to your Friends ( Order of the Phoenix)
  • Everybody is different, and that's not a bad thing ( Luna Lovegood)
  • Don't judge a book by its cover (Snape)
  • Unconditional Love (Snape)
  • etc....
  • Okay the next thing that I cannot stand about Twilight : in the second edition, the girl is literally BLANK PAGES without the dude?? I mean really?? Where is the era of woman empowerment??
    And Harry Potter on the other hand, teaches girls to stand up for themselves. When Harry leaves Ginny, she restarts the DA, and attempts to steal the sword of Gryffindor among other things. She does not sit and mope like our dearest Bella. Lets face it. Harry would've been DEAD if Hermione had not been with him. She is repeatedly saving the day, unlike our macho man Jacob or the creepy vampire Edward.
    And okay lastly, lets see if any Twilight lover can beat this : 
    "After all this time?"
    "Always",
    JK Rowling, that genius, wrote a better love story in 5 words than Meyer tried to do in 4 BOOKS. End of story.
    I now rest my case.


    2 comments: