Tuesday, 23 July 2013

German and Gibberish Sound Peculiarly Same

Okay, I'd been reliably informed(by friends, enemies, classmates, cousins, distant cousins, parents and teachers) that learning a foreign language was never a cakewalk. I kind of reached the epitome of that today... I've been learning German for five years now... they teach it to us at school. Being an Indian, and having had NO exposure to the language before, I was pretty proud of myself before for being able to say “I study in 10th Grade” in German before.(its “Jetze bin ich in zehnte Klasse”.) Now I'd enrolled for this really cool exam for German, Fit in Deutsch, which is like a university degree; meaning I can post it on my resumé today itself, and it'll be recognized by other universities and companies. I thought it'd be pretty normal. How wrong can you get in life? We were doing the hearing skills today and our teacher puts on the recording in her laptop, and we all go “WHAT THE HELL?!” I mean, no inkling whatsoever of what the person was ranting on about! We were first staring open mouthed at the teacher, then each other, and then the damned laptop. I thought I'd caught a few words here and there but that was unfortunately it. And the exam is in like, 20 DAYS... I'm screwed aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment