Monday, 15 July 2013

Effects of Xamomania

Exams are just around the corner and I shudder to think of the approaching weeks. This is poem is a combination of such terrorizing thoughts, an overactive pen and an extremely boring Social Studies class :

My books are open and lie everywhere,
Not a minute do I have, to spare.
My eyes are filled with tears,
My heart clenches in fear.
Exams are so very near!
My subjects are all a burden to me,
I don't remember the last time I was free.
Maths haunts me at night,
Science is decreasing my eyesight.
I am revising left and right
I'm studying with all my might.
Drinking coffee has become a vice,
I've got dark circles under my eyes.
I'm cranky and not very nice.
I don't think I've been very wise.
Why wasn't I more sincere?
Why do I realize that now,
When exams are on the frontier?

No comments:

Post a Comment